Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where it's Happening!

You can read about it here. This happens on the day before The Round Bobbin Sewing Expo starts.

I'll be one of the four speakers. Besides giving a sneak peak of what we'll be debuting at the upcoming International Quilt Market, I'll also speak of the latest trends in quilting, fashion and home decor. There'll also be in the trenches stories from the start-up days of Michael Miller Fabrics.

I'm hoping I'll be the first to speak.
Two reasons:
A. The raucously funny Mark Lipinski is a tough act to follow.
B. I can sit back and enjoy the show.
Quite frankly, I can't wait to hear the other three speakers.

Just to give you an idea of what you'll hear from these fascinating folks:

Mark Lipinski: Editor of the newest, funnest quilting magazine out there. I have no idea what he's going to say but am sure it will be irreverently candid and humorous! I've read the magazine cover to cover from it's inception.

Ann Hazelwood: She'll be showing her huge collection of aprons (who doesn't love aprons?) and sharing fun tidbits.

Edie McGinnis: We'll get to see an amazing collection of "feedsacks" from the 1930-50s and hear their wonderful stories from this Kansas City Star journalist and author.

No comments: